There’s no denying that the world is changing. We live in an age where changes are occurring at such a rapid rate that it is hard to keep up. Because of the influence of technology and global markets, keeping up with it all can be difficult. The business world of Canada and beyond is faced with pressures like never before to respond to competition, to global trends, and to the ongoing evolution of business and technological practices.
Have you taken time to consider these changes and the potential impact they could have on your business strategy? Have you created a plan to respond to changes and to keep up with the ongoing evolution of Information Technology and business processes? Have you figured out how you can respond to change and growth while making sure you continue to create customer and client value? If you answered “no” to any of these questions, you’ll want to put some time and energy into answering these questions.
After you’ve created your plan based on the questions above, you’ll need to evaluate your enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to see if it can not only handle the growth and change but also foster the performance and innovation needed to carry your business into the future. Let’s take a closer look at the challenges you are up against as manufacturers in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond in an ever-changing world to be sure your ERP system is up to the challenge of responding and keeping a competitive advantage in performance, innovation, and development.
Current Process and Discrete Manufacturing Firm Challenges:
- Automating the production, picking, planning, and analysis stages of manufacturing processes to safeguard profitability
- Giving staff the needed resources and flexible skills to respond to situations as they arise
- Finding ways to trade, produce, and supply products not just nearby but to a global market
- Sensing and responding to client needs with value-added services and innovative practices/ tools
- Needing to raise the bar on operational efficiency and productivity
- Responding to demand with streamlined scheduling and manufacturing
- Having true insight into profitability and business performance
- Minimizing inventory and monitoring margins effectively
- Guaranteeing the quality needed to satisfy customers in terms of both products and services provided
These challenges are vast and overarching, but there is a system capable of handling all of them. Sage ERP X3 is a solution that gives manufacturers a complete response to the vast needs of businesses. These include sales, production, logistics, services, finance, customer relations, human resources, and management needs. Learn more about Sage ERP X3 here.
Download our whitepaper “ERP – A Strategic Growth Driver for Manufacturing Firms” for further information about the challenges facing an ever-changing business world and solutions to these challenges.
Our small and dedicated team specializes in helping small-to-medium size Canadian businesses and non-profits select and adapt Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Human Resource Management (HRMS) and IT services. With IWI’s 15 years in business and 100 plus years of combined experience, IWI has helped hundreds of manufacturing, distribution, and financial service companies gain efficiency, grow, and lower their operating costs.
With the unique combination of industry knowledge and diverse technology expertise, IWI provides cost-effective solutions to help clients gain a competitive edge. As a Sage business partner, servicing the Greater Toronto Area, we support evaluation and implementation of operations and finance systems to optimize technology, ensuring high return on investment with a quick and painless transition to new software.